hCapcha is a free service from that stops spams registrations and login attempts on your site. Protecting login and registration forms on your WordPress site is important, especially when using a plugin like WP User Manager to allow users to register and sign up from the frontend of the site.
The WP User Manager hCaptcha addon is the simplest way to add a captcha to your WordPress forms. WP User Manager is one of the most straightforward to use WordPress membership plugins available, with a large number of features that turn your WordPress site into a membership platform.
To use hCaptcha you must generate api keys from the hCaptcha website, signup is free
- Navigate to the hCaptcha website https://dashboard.hcaptcha.com/signup
- Sign up with your details
Register your site
- On the dashboard click ‘New Site’
- Add a name for the site
- Add your site domain in the Hostnames field, including any development local URLs for you site
- Select the ‘hCaptcha Behavior’ and ‘Passing Threshold’
- Click ‘Save’ at the top of the form
Once you’ve saved the site, you can edit the site and grab the ‘Sitekey’:
The site key is used alongside the account secret key, found in your account settings, in the plugin settings in your site’s admin in Users > Settings > hCaptcha.