Google reCAPTCHA is a free service from Google that stops spams registrations and login attempts on your site. Protecting login and registration forms on your WordPress site is important, especially when using a plugin like
WP User Manager to allow users to register and sign up from the frontend of the site.
The WP User Manager
reCAPTCHA addon is the simplest way to add reCAPTCHA to your WordPress forms. WP User Manager is one of the most straightforward to use WordPress membership plugins available, with a large number of features that turn your WordPress site into a membership platform.
To use reCAPTCHA you must generate api keys from the Google’s recaptcha website. Api keys are free.
- Navigate to the recaptcha website https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html
- Click on the “Get reCAPTCHA” blue button in the top right corner of your screen.
- You are now required to login with your Google account, if you do not have one, register for a free account.
- Once you’re logged in with your Google account, you will be presented with an interface to generate api keys for your website
Register your website
- In order to register a website, simply type anything into the “label” field of the form. For example you can type the name of your website.
- Type your website domain into the “Domains” field of the form, like displayed above.
- Enter your email address into the “owners” area of the form.
Once you’ve filled the whole form, press the “Register” button.
If everything is correct, you will be redirected to a new page with your new api keys ready to be used.
Take note of the site key and secret key:
Find out more about adding Google reCAPTCHA to your WordPress site with WP User Manager.