WP User Manager is a powerful WordPress plugin that offers users a range of features to manage their profiles on a website. In version 2.9 we added the ability to connect a Stripe account to the site to accept payment for site registration using credit cards. In this article, we will explain how to set up and use this feature.
WP User Manager offers two pricing options for using Stripe payment gateway.
- Pay as you go: the Stripe integration is included in the free the WP User Manager plugin, there is a 2% fee on top of the standard Stripe fees for each transaction.
- Stripe Pro addon: WP User Manager also offers a Stripe Pro addon, which is available with the Pro bundle and higher. With this addon, users can remove the WP User Manager fees and only pay the standard Stripe fees.
Connecting Your Stripe Account
The first step in using the Stripe payment feature is to connect your Stripe account to the WP User Manager plugin. Here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to your WordPress website and navigate to the WP User Manager settings page.
- Click on the “Stripe” tab
- Select your mode for connecting to Stripe, either in Test or Live mode. You can use Test mode when testing out on a development/staging copy of the site.
- Click on the “Connect with Stripe” button and follow the prompts to connect your Stripe account.
- Your site needs to listen and respond to events that happen in your Stripe account with a webhook. Learn how to create the webhook.
Now you can get started collecting payments for access to your site.
- Creating Products in Stripe
- Collecting Payment at Registration
- Restricting Site Access
- Recurring Subscriptions