User profiles are of course visible to that user, but you can control who else sees the profiles.
In the Users > Settings > Profiles settings you can use the following settings to control privacy for all profiles:
- ‘Allow Guests to View Profiles’ – Enable this option to allow guests to view users profiles.
- ‘Allow Members to View Profiles’ – Enable this option to allow members to view users profiles. If disabled, users can only see their own profile.
You can also turn on the ‘Allow Members to set their profile privacy’ setting to allow users to control their own profile privacy, which overrides the global settings. (Available in WP User Manager v2.5 and greater)
When enabled, users see a new tab on their account page, where they can set to hide their profile from guests and/or other members:
These settings are also available in the WordPress admin area when editing a user, so admins can hide specific user profiles.
- Log in to the WordPress admin
- Navigated to Users > All Users
- Find the user and click ‘Edit’
- Scroll down to the ‘Profile Privacy’ section