Passwordless Login is an easier way of logging into your WordPress site without the use of a password.
Instead of asking users for a password when they try to log in to your site, they can simply enter their username or email and they will be sent an email to their registrered email address with a secure login link that automatically logs them into the site. It expires after one hour.
How to Enable Passwordless Login
To enable the passwordless login for your site, go to your site dashboard
- Navigate to Users > Settings
- Click ‘Security’
- Turn on ‘Passwordless Login’
- Then click ‘Save Changes’
Once enabled, when a user fills out the login form with their email address or username, they will see a message about the email sent to their address:
Here’s a look at the email that gets sent to the registered email address.
Customizing the Email
You can customize the email by
- Navigate to Users > Emails
- Click ‘Customize’ for the Passwordless Login email
- Then in the sidebar click ‘Passwordless Login’ to edit